Fashion law is an evolving field that draws from a number of areas of law which do not always offer a ready solution for the fashion designer or company. We serve fashion designers and distributors internationally. Our depth of knowledge and experience in copyright and trademark law, business and corporate law, and licensing serves the fashion area well. We help clients with questions of rights, relationships to marketing, distribution and exploitation of designs and products. In addition to assisting with branding, marketing, and the intellectual property involved, we also aid in developing a legally sound business structure for new and growing enterprises and in relationships with employees, independent contractors, and designers.
We address concerns about unfair competition, confidentiality and non-disclosure, counterfeit goods and design protection, and brand development. We keep up with developments relating to the Design Piracy Prohibition Act and other evolving areas in fashion, design, and retail law matters so as to provide well-grounded and cutting-edge advice to our fashion and design clients.
Examples of services provided:
- Brand Portfolio Protection
- Website Development Issues
- Licensing Agreements
- Domestic and International Trademark Registration
- Domestic and International Trademark Enforcement
- Business Formation and Partnership Arrangements
- Employment Agreements
- Confidentiality Agreements
- Non-disclosure Agreements
- Copyright Registration (when applicable)
- Independent Contractor, Consultant, and Design/Development Agreements